Location Matters: Empowering Business and Community with Spatial Data
In business, location matters.
Where should you open your new store? Where should you allocate your resources? Where are your services needed? Where is the demand coming from?
Location intelligence from geospatial data provides valuable insights for business, environmental, and social performance. By understanding how people engage with different places, you can make better business decisions, drive impactful innovation, and improve campaigns for returns on investment.
Join our afternoon of co-inspiration, where we bring together cross-industry leaders and innovators to showcase how spatial data empowers business products and services.
Date: 24 November 2023 (Friday)
Time: 2:30pm – 5:30pm
Venue: Conference Hall 4-7, 2/F, Building 10W, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin
2:30pm – 3:00pm: Registration
3:00pm – 3:05pm: Welcome Remarks
3:05pm – 3:10pm: Keynote Speech by Sr Yue-chun Chan, Head of Spatial Data Office, Development Bureau (DEVB)
3:15pm – 3:45pm: Panel Discussion: Growing Demand: Spatial Intelligence Finds New Grounds
• Mr. Ho-wing Chan, Head of Operations Innovation Hub, MTR Corporation Limited
• Ms. Wendy Chan, Greater Bay Area Growth Director, Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL)
• Mr. Joseph Wong, Assistant Manager, MSIG Insurance (Hong Kong) Limited
• Sr Paul Tsui, Immediate Past Chairman, Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (Land Surveying Division)
• Moderator: Mr. Herbert Chia, Chairman, Data Governance Steering Committee, HKSTP
4:00pm – 4:05pm: Lead-in Presentation: "3D Digital Map – Bring Spatial Data to Life"
• Speaker: Sr Alvin Cheung, Senior Land Surveyor/3DM, Lands Department
4:05pm – 4:25pm: Panel Discussion: Beyond Maps: How Do We Harness Spatial Data Making Business
• Mr. Arthur Chan, CEO & Director, Compathnion Technology
• Mr. Alan Cheung, Co-founder & Managing Director, One Bite Design Studio
• Mr. Simon Tsang, Co-founder & CTO, SOCIF
• Moderator: Sr Yue-chun Chan, Head of Spatial Data Office, DEVB
• Moderator: Ms. Kimmy Ng, Senior Manager, Ecosystem Development, HKSTP
4:25pm – 4:35pm: Closing Remarks
4:35pm – 5:30pm: Networking with refreshments